Things I hate about working adult units:
-Smoke breaks
-Adults acting like children, but with more entitlement issues
-Smoke breaks
-Boring, looong shifts
-Smoke breaks
-Creepy, psychotic, 50 yo men hitting on me- and expecting me to be flattered
-Adults voluntarily check themselves in- then expect to be released as soon as they don't like something
-When you ask them to clean their rooms, the result is messier than a child's bedroom
-Smoke breaks
Things I shouldn't, but still do enjoy about working on adolescent girl units:
-A completely crazy 15 yo who wanders around talking to Justin Bieber who, in her words is her boyfriend, cousin, and doctor
-The same 15 yo asking me to take her temperature because she thinks she has "Bieber fever" due to the treatment the above mentioned doctor put her on
Things I love about working on child units:
-Kids coming out of group thrusting papers into my hands saying, "I made this for you!"
-A girl drawing a picture with the caption, "Ms. traci is my best friend"
-It is NEVER boring. NEVER.
-Coloring
-Enthusiasm for bubbles
-Not feeling ridiculous when I remind a patient to wash their hands, or go to group, or watch their boundaries
-When a 5 yo has the desire to flip me off, she raises her pointer fingers and sticks out her tongue
-No smoke breaks
I worked three different units today- can you guess which was my favorite?
-Smoke breaks
-Adults acting like children, but with more entitlement issues
-Smoke breaks
-Boring, looong shifts
-Smoke breaks
-Creepy, psychotic, 50 yo men hitting on me- and expecting me to be flattered
-Adults voluntarily check themselves in- then expect to be released as soon as they don't like something
-When you ask them to clean their rooms, the result is messier than a child's bedroom
-Smoke breaks
Things I shouldn't, but still do enjoy about working on adolescent girl units:
-A completely crazy 15 yo who wanders around talking to Justin Bieber who, in her words is her boyfriend, cousin, and doctor
-The same 15 yo asking me to take her temperature because she thinks she has "Bieber fever" due to the treatment the above mentioned doctor put her on
Things I love about working on child units:
-Kids coming out of group thrusting papers into my hands saying, "I made this for you!"
-A girl drawing a picture with the caption, "Ms. traci is my best friend"
-It is NEVER boring. NEVER.
-Coloring
-Enthusiasm for bubbles
-Not feeling ridiculous when I remind a patient to wash their hands, or go to group, or watch their boundaries
-When a 5 yo has the desire to flip me off, she raises her pointer fingers and sticks out her tongue
-No smoke breaks
I worked three different units today- can you guess which was my favorite?
1 comment:
I LOVE this entry! So descriptive. Hope you get to stay on the child unit more! And stay away from the old man.
Post a Comment