It's been a bit. Not only a bit, but a bad bit.
3 weeks ago my back went out. This has typically happened once or twice a year for the last 10 years or so. I have no idea what initially caused the problem. I can't place it back to an accident or sports injury or anything. It's just every once in a while my lower back will tighten up so bad I can't stand up straight. Usually heavy lifting causes the "episodes."
For example the last one was when I moved into my apartment last October. After we got all the boxes in we went down to the riverwalk for dinner and I was bent over the entire time walking along, that one friendly passerby felt it necessary to comment, "There is a trash can right there if you are going to hurl." Thank you sir.
The episode three weeks ago I believe came about due to carrying heavy loads of laundry up and down 3 flights of stairs. Monday at work my back tightened up and by the end of the day I was bent over whenever walking. A "lovely" 14 year oldthreatened offered to "crack" my back. I told her (rather strictly) not to touch me. I ended up taking the next day off from work due to still being unable to stand. I figured one day off and I would be good. Plus, I went to the doctor of Tuesday and got some pain meds and an x-ray (which showed nothing wrong). Wednesday I was a bit better and was back to work. However, the pain was still pretty bad and continued for a few days. I called the dr. back and got some more powerful meds. Used those through the weekend until they ran out, then called the dr. back still in pain. The dr. referred me to a pain management specialist. This did not make me happy. I don't want to manage my pain. I want to get rid of it. Luckily a co-worker gave me the name of a chiropractor I am going to try out. The pain has now spread to my hips and legs, but manipulating my body into the fetal position usually provides a few minutes of relief a day.
Anyway, some more interesting things that have happened in the last three weeks.
-My birthday! It was luckily low key (Just the way I like). My parents came out for the weekend and we had a quiet weekend.
-I was punched in the nose by a patient. It bled a little, but didn't break.
-I was punched in the cheek bone. This one hurt. A lot. If it had been my nose I think it would have broken this time.
-I was scratched across the face. This one didn't really hurt.
-I watched the first 2 seasons of The Walking Dead. (I have spent a lot of time on the couch the last few weeks.) It is amazing! But if you don't like suspense, gore, ridiculous zombie shows, or southerners, you will absolutely hate it. Luckily I like these things. And season 3 starts tomorrow!
-I decided to apply to a master's of social work program here in S.A. This will be my 2nd master's, but I am REALLY excited for this program. I will work full time in the morning, and then go to school full time in the evening.
-I have had some really strange dreams. This only seems to happen when I am sick. Really strange dreams.
-I have thought more and more about chopping off my hair. Which, if history is any indication, means I will have a short do in the near future.
3 weeks ago my back went out. This has typically happened once or twice a year for the last 10 years or so. I have no idea what initially caused the problem. I can't place it back to an accident or sports injury or anything. It's just every once in a while my lower back will tighten up so bad I can't stand up straight. Usually heavy lifting causes the "episodes."
For example the last one was when I moved into my apartment last October. After we got all the boxes in we went down to the riverwalk for dinner and I was bent over the entire time walking along, that one friendly passerby felt it necessary to comment, "There is a trash can right there if you are going to hurl." Thank you sir.
The episode three weeks ago I believe came about due to carrying heavy loads of laundry up and down 3 flights of stairs. Monday at work my back tightened up and by the end of the day I was bent over whenever walking. A "lovely" 14 year old
Anyway, some more interesting things that have happened in the last three weeks.
-My birthday! It was luckily low key (Just the way I like). My parents came out for the weekend and we had a quiet weekend.
-I was punched in the nose by a patient. It bled a little, but didn't break.
-I was punched in the cheek bone. This one hurt. A lot. If it had been my nose I think it would have broken this time.
-I was scratched across the face. This one didn't really hurt.
-I watched the first 2 seasons of The Walking Dead. (I have spent a lot of time on the couch the last few weeks.) It is amazing! But if you don't like suspense, gore, ridiculous zombie shows, or southerners, you will absolutely hate it. Luckily I like these things. And season 3 starts tomorrow!
-I decided to apply to a master's of social work program here in S.A. This will be my 2nd master's, but I am REALLY excited for this program. I will work full time in the morning, and then go to school full time in the evening.
-I have had some really strange dreams. This only seems to happen when I am sick. Really strange dreams.
-I have thought more and more about chopping off my hair. Which, if history is any indication, means I will have a short do in the near future.
1 comment:
TRACI!!! wow girl! what a life you lead! :) I'm so sorry your back is hurting so bad!
Post a Comment