Saturday, May 24, 2008

Rainy Disneyland

Grandpa, I may be a girl from the West, but I am destined for the East. (and the richest and handsomest man from England-I like that accent)

So yesterday in my bizarre sleep I had some bizarre dreams. In two different dreams we went to Disneyland. I think they were two different ones. In one we were in some sort of special line for tickets and then Dad had this job of handing out some sort of flyers (fliers?). So the fliers gave us tickets for $18 each. Not bad, huh? There was some sort of hitch to the deal, but I can't remember what it was.
Then in the other dream we were at Disneyland and it was pretty empty. So we were going on Haunted Mansion, but for some reason Lori had never been before and she was too scared to go, so I had to talk her into it. We started like up by where Splash Mountain is (but it wasn't there) and a worker gave us some sort of intro-then she told us that they were going to close the park because it was raining. When we asked why (even in the dream we knew it was ridiculous) she replied that she and the other workers didn't want to be there in the rain so they were closing the park. Hmmm.... So then we finally walked down to go into the building. We just went right in by where the carriage (without a horse) is. We didn't get to go past the gravestones. We go in and walk for a ways and then get on the ride, but they weren't (dune/doom?) buggies. The were just seats side by side. Boring. So I noticed the difference and was upset and trying to explain to Lori. Also THERE WAS NO ELEVATOR! That is possibly one of the best things as Disneyland-so memorable. But it wasn't there. I was mad in my dream. So then we had to leave because the were closing due to the rain. And I wasn't even able to go on the roller coasters I wanted to (apparently the park was also Magic Mountain- haha, flashbacks to California). So I storm out of the park-it was me remember. And Mom is coming after me but of course I was mad at her over something (or nothing as usually is the case). Then Dad was back behind us waiting for someone. I got mad because I really don't like people who dawdle. I think I did finally get over myself. I know Lori, Mom, and Dad were there. Someone else (whoever Dad was waiting for) was there, but I can't remember who. I know Ola wasn't with us in the first dream because we talked about how we should get an extra coupon for Ola. Oh yeah, and I was mad that Mom and Dad weren't fighting to get their money back since we only went on one ride before the rain started. No, not my money-their money. I make even less sense in dreams than I do in real life. And that is pretty bad.

So I worked this afternoon and actually enjoyed myself. At bedtime one of the staff was behind the desk yelling at someone in front of the desk. I couldn't see who he was yelling at, but I figured it was a patient because it wouldn't be the first time I caught him yelling at patients. Well, I walked out to make sure my kids were okay-they had just got into bed. As I walked out I realized he was yelling at the charge nurse. She is an elderly woman who was responding in a normal voice (he kept on yelling) and I had to try and block the view of 5 of my kids because there was no where else to take them to get away from the yelling. Then I realized all of the adolescents boys heard him and started talking about how he was going to be fired. Then they accused one boy of getting him fired because he had filed a grievance against the staff member-which apparently wasn't so far-fetched. (Things including yelling at the kids and being disrespectful to them-hmm, do I doubt this?) Then the boy came to me (I had taken the grievance report) and tried to get me to take the report back saying it wasn't true and when the staff kicked at him it wasn't to hurt him. I told him to write down what honestly happened and that he wasn't to blame. We tell them they can't control other people's behaviors-and that included staff.
It was very bizarre. Apparently the guy stormed off the unit, but then he came back. I kinda wish he stayed away. He's not my favorite-hasn't been since he told a kid to take a time out in the quiet room because he was on his bed sulking-this eventually turned into restraining the kid. I think people should be sure of themselves, but sometimes people are too sure. We have another guy who is brand new (as this guy is) who ignores the program and allows kids different privileges based on his "discretion." I've been there over a year and a half and I still run my "discretion" past other people-this also helps in case someone challenges me, I have backup. Sheesh.

I want to go to Disneyland. You know, I don't think I even need a map at Disneyland anymore. I love Space Mountain-and the blacklights in the line. I have always been afraid of Dumbo-I've never liked heights and have a fear of falling out of the elephants. Did you know Pirates of the Caribbean is 10 minutes long? Mom timed it once. I hate teenagers unsupervised at Disneyland-I've been one and I think we almost got kicked off Pirates. I was in 8th grade, and with boys. Giggle.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I want to go to Disneyland too! I promise I won't be scared of the haunted mansion..weird dream! but it is good to know that my sister is always watching out for me...even in her dreams! :)

Becky said...

You have the most interesting dreams!

Joan said...

Bruno says, Can I go to Disneyland with you? I'll even let you have the front seat going through the Pirates.