Monday, September 24, 2012

Seriously? SERIOUSLY??

Today I worked with the girls and younger boys. When we get a lot of kids on the unit my coworker and I tend to split them in half. I usually take girls and younger boys and she takes older boys (we almost always have more boys than girls).
So today I had 5 preteen girls, a 7 yo boy, and an 8 yo boy. Plus a very special 11 yo boy. And yes, when I say special I mean special.

Overall the day went much smoother than many recent days, but I did have some issues with a few of the boys.

However, instead of whining about the issues I will share a couple of fun conversations I heard today.

Scene: Group sitting quietly coloring pumpkins
7yo boy (picking behind his ears): "It is really crusty behind my ears. See?"
Me: "Gross."

Scene: 3 boys plus myself sitting at the breakfast table eating breakfast burritos. The boys are wrapping up their eggs and meat in tortillas. The boys are named Zak, Juan, and Manny. Manny has a severe speech problem.
M (pointing at Zac): "Dat's wong."
Z: "No, Ms. Traci, this is how you fold the tortilla, right?"
Me: "That's how I fold it, but there are lots of ways to fold it."
M: "Like dis." (folding his a different way)
Z: "No, like this!"
M: "You wong!"
Me: "It's okay, you are both doing it right."
Z: "No, it will all fall out his way."
M: "Dat's wong!"
Me: "You can fold them different ways."
argument continues for another 3 minutes
Me: looks across the table at Juan and shrugs
Juan (shrugs back at me): " Manny's mixed up. I'm Juan. He's Zak."
Me: laughing

On top of all this our special boy kicked me in the crotch once, punched a therapist in the face, possibly giving her a black eye, then kneed me in the crotch later in the day.
Plus side: the child knows how to defend himself against men
Down side: he thinks I am a man

2 comments:

carlee said...

Hahahahaha..........hahahaa..hahaa! That last one killed me!

Angela Mencl said...

Traci this is hilarious!